We are always on the lookout for people with the training and desire to give back to their community. Currently we are looking for:
Child/Youth Mental Health Counselor
Come join the dynamic team at Intersect Youth and Family Services. We are actively recruiting a full time Mental Health Counselor for a contract position until January 2020 (we hope to make this position permanent prior to this date). As the successful applicant of this position, you will provide a variety of intake, counselling and outreach services to support children, youth and their families in Prince George.
You must meet all qualifications listed below to be considered.
- Bachelors level degree in Social Work, Child & Youth Care, or other human/social science degree is required for this position;
- Clinical experience working with children, adolescents and families; clinical knowledge of children’s mental health challenges and interventions.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills to develop and maintain therapeutic relationships; and to work with other members of the child’s support team.
- Successful completion of criminal record check including working with vulnerable populations
- Valid class 5 driver’s license and acceptable drivers abstract.
- Monday-Friday, 8:30-4:30; occasional evening and weekend work will be required
- Starting wage is $26.40 (a higher wage is negotiable depending on your education and experience), paid MSP premiums, and paid sick/family days after completing a 3 month probationary period.
- Position end date January 2020, we are hoping it may be extended but can't commit at this time.
To apply for this exciting opportunity you can:
email your resume to: email@example.com;
fax it to: 250-562-4692
or mail it to: 1294 Third Avenue, Prince George, BC, V2L 3E7, Attn: Shannon Croy/Executive Director.
We will only contact those shortlisted for an interview. First shortlisting will take place Thursday, February 7th at 4:00 pm, this posting will remain open until the positions are filled.
View Job Details PDF